Thursday 29 September 2011

Good Old Retro



Hello Peeps,
-I'm back, like I said!

Before I start I just want to briefly talk about rough ideas for future posts, firstly I will very soon be writing a post dedicated to women's fashion, I realise I haven't been very specific with my advice and pictures, and catering for both sex in one post can often end up a bit head-spinning for the reader. Secondly I plan on posting about what clothes I purchased from the boot sales and charity shops (mentioned in an earlier post.)

Today I thought I might talk about that little thing we all miss dearly- Retro. I am a huge retro fan, things were just so timeless back then, now however it changes every minute. In my opinion retro consists of timeless pieces of clothing, sweets, furniture, toys etc. which are within the 70s to late 90 era. Before the 70s I class it as vintage.

From what I can gather from research, and various magazines Retro isn't exactly 'in' at the moment, but sometimes you just can't obey the current fashion laws, as a Fashionista it's good to add your own spin on things. don't you agree?
So throughout the following pictures and annotations you will be seeing my little collection of retro things, (from giant fluffy jumpers to the classic digital watch.) Enjoy.


So, I start off my retro list with this little beauty, digital watches were invented in the 70s and has changed the way we look at time forever. Originally they were a black colour with red numbers, but I love how this one has a modern twist to it.

Primark, £2.50











This grey biker jacket may not look like the most retro of all things, but I just wanted to point out the stud detail, this is greatly associated to late 70s- early 80s punk, I attached the studs myself, using ones from a broken belt, but you can still find them on ebay-they are incredibly easy to attach.

Primark, £21.00




I sadly named him Gregg, I love this necklace pendant so, so much. I added him to this collection because I relise the 80s was full of interesting kitsch jewellery like Gregg here.

New Look mens, £8.00













Again I'm talking about punk, this jewellery piece gives a hard industrial look, which is amazing with the punk look.

New Look mens, £6.00




Ahhhhhhhhh! I cannot tell you how much I love this jacket, I'm really getting into the american retro stuff right now. Originally released in the 50s, this absolutely timeless piece was HUGE in the 80s and was the same several months ago, until they came out of fashion, I don't care though, I love mine too much not to wear it every day!

Primark, £15.00










I mentioned in an earlier post that fair isle was 'in' at the moment, and was very much so in the 80s. To be worn with grey skinny jeans for a retro look, or with skinny fit chinos to look 'in the now.'

Primark, £12.00












(This is embarrassing!) I decided to show you these hipsters because when I saw them I immediety thought, "80s Marvel, geek chic, retro!" I'm not much of a colour lover (I'm more earthy colours) but I love the 80s too much to turn these down!

Primark £3.00







One word, Timeless. Never out of fashion, goes with everything, ultra stylish. what more can I say?

Sports Direct, £10.00

*note: these aren't official All Star Converses, they are inspired ones by the shoe company Airwalk.











Another punky item, I dont know how paisley artwork is associated with punk but they still wear it! Can be worn on a hot summers day as well as with punk.

Camden Market, 99p








Right, so that's some of my little retro collection. In case you hadn't noticed I rather like Primark, if you are more into the higher end high street, I can guarantee Topman (topshop) and River Island will have very similar items. I hope you were inspired by this and I will see you later,

Bye for now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment